Baylor University, B.A., 1997
Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 2000
Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Texas
U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
Affiliations and Memberships
American Bar Association
Collin County Bar Association
Dallas Bar Association
Dallas Women Lawyers Association
Attorneys Serving the Community - Publicity Committee Co-Chair
Susan G. Komen for the Cure – North Texas Affiliate - Board Member
Strasburger BOLD co-chair (2017-2018)
Recovery Inn - Board of Directors and Luncheon Chair (2012-2015)
Baylor Business Network
Baylor Women’s Counsel
Dallas Arboretum Member
Little Elm ISD - PTA Member
Amanda regularly delivers FCRA, FDCPA, TCPA and bankruptcy presentations to financial institutions. Her most recent speaking engagements include:
• Strasburger 2nd Annual Consumer Financial Litigation Symposium – Furnisher Reporting Under the FCRA
• Navigating a Credit Union’s Duties Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, National Credit Union Collections Alliance (March 2017)
• FCRA: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (June 2016)
• What You Need to Know about the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and State Collection Laws (June 2016)
• Bankruptcy Laws and Reporting Under the FCRA (May 2016)
• FCRA Litigation & Issues, American Collectors Association of Texas Conference (March 2016)
• The Changing Landscape of GRAS: PHO, GMO and More, Strasburger Food Law Forum (September 2015)
• The Changing Landscape of GRAS: PHO, GMO and More, Strasburger Food Law Forum (April 2015)
Represents financial institutions in DTPA and creditors’ right in consumer bankruptcy.
Represents and advises debt collectors and financial institutions regarding FCRA, FDCPA,TCPA, DTPA, TDTPA and creditors’ rights in consumer bankruptcy cases.
Obtained summary judgements for a national credit reporting agency in FCRA matters.
Negotiated zero dollar dismissals for a national credit reporting agency in FCRA matters.
Obtained favorable settlements on behalf of a consumer reporting agency and debt collectors in FCRA cases.
Successfully briefed and won discovery motions in federal courts. Represented independently owned water utility company in Texas Commission on Environmental Quality compliance and regulatory matters.
Represented water utility in negotiations with municipality.
Written and led roundtable discussions on regulatory labeling issues within the food industry.